Co2 Storage and Transport tanks
October 19, 2021 Market & Products
The diversity of products in today’s market is so wide that each specialized industry demands different components, equipment, machinery, or containers for the storage of different liquids or gases. Most must comply with certain characteristics, specifications, and certifications so that they can store different pressure fluids, such as carbon dioxide (CO2).
Here are some general specifications for different types of tanks:
Vacuum Insulated CO2 Storage Tanks.
- They are widely used by different industries such as automotive, food and beverages, water treatment, and oil and gas. This is because carbon dioxide is a source of cold that can be used for processes such as tissue preservation by means of freezing and extinguishing fire, as it is not flammable.
Isolated vacuum tanks are manufactured in capacities of 6, 14, 30, 50, 75 tons of CO2 (vertical type).
General characteristics of these tanks:
- Internal tank designed according to ASME code section VIII, Div.1, last edition, stamping “U”.
- External tank designed according to CGA-341, last edition (non-stamped tank).
- Inner tank: coal steel, standard SA-612, 100% x-ray.
- Internal pipe: Stainless steel Type 304.
- Outdoor tank: SA SA-36.
- Supports: Steel SA SA-36.
- Lifting lugs: coal steel, SA-36.
- Exterior pipe: Stainless steel Type 304.
- Valves: stainless steel.
Horizontal CO2 tanks isolated with polyurethane.
- CO2 tanks isolated with polyurethane can be manufactured at 100, 200, 300 and up to 500 tons with stainless steel sheet or white wash aluminum and isolated with a polyurethane system screened with the following characteristics:
- Designed and manufactured according to ASME code, section VIII, Div. 1 or Div. 2, Class 2, 300 psi, minimum design temperature: -30 ° F, RX: 100%, corrosion factor (body and heads) 0.0625″ when required, standardized body and head SA-612 material.
- Internal finish: cleaned according to client standards with the option of inerting nitrogen.
- Optional elements: valves, platform and stairs.
Find out at the following link:
Semi-trailers for transport CO2.
- Arcosa Mexico, through its Tatsa brand, manufactures tanks for transporting CO2 in capacities ranging from 19, 24 and 27 tons according to the ASME code E, section VIII, Div. 1, last edition and NOM (Official Mexican Norm) 057 SCT2 / 2003. According to DOT MC-331 (if required by the client)
- Container outdoor finishing: cleaned with abrasive blasting, until it reaches a degree of cleanliness close to white metal according to the SSPC-SP10 standard.
- Insulation systems: Polyurethane with a density of 35 kg/m3 to 5 in. of thickness.
CI-MASTIC steam barrier in black.
Outdoor jacket: aluminum sheet pre-painted in white wash cal. 18.
Optional: Stainless steel sheet.
Access more technical information at the following link:
Available in two or three axes.
Retractable suspension optional.
At Arcosa, through our Tatsa brand, we manufacture containers for different pressure fluids according to the requirements, specifications and needs of each of our clients, adapting to new equipment and accessory technologies required by the market.
We invite you to continue reading our blog to learn more about the industry and our work.