October 19, 2021 Market & Products
The diversity of products in today’s market is so wide that each specialized industry demands different components, equipment, machinery, or containers for the storage of different liquids or gases. Most must comply with certain characteristics, specifications, and certifications so that they can store different pressure fluids, such as carbon dioxide (CO2).
Here are some general specifications for different types of tanks:
Vacuum Insulated CO2 Storage Tanks.
- They are widely used by different industries such as automotive, food and beverages, water treatment, and oil and gas. This is because carbon dioxide is a source of cold that can be used for processes such as tissue preservation by means of freezing and extinguishing fire, as it is not flammable.
Isolated vacuum tanks are manufactured in capacities of 6, 14, 30, 50, 75 tons of CO2 (vertical type).
General characteristics of these tanks:
- Internal tank designed according to ASME code section VIII, Div.1, last edition, stamping “U”.
- External tank designed according to CGA-341, last edition (non-stamped tank).
- Inner tank: coal steel, standard SA-612, 100% x-ray.
- Internal pipe: Stainless steel Type 304.
- Outdoor tank: SA SA-36.
- Supports: Steel SA SA-36.
- Lifting lugs: coal steel, SA-36.
- Exterior pipe: Stainless steel Type 304.
- Valves: stainless steel.
Horizontal CO2 tanks isolated with polyurethane.
- CO2 tanks isolated with polyurethane can be manufactured at 100, 200, 300 and up to 500 tons with stainless steel sheet or white wash aluminum and isolated with a polyurethane system screened with the following characteristics:
- Designed and manufactured according to ASME code, section VIII, Div. 1 or Div. 2, Class 2, 300 psi, minimum design temperature: -30 ° F, RX: 100%, corrosion factor (body and heads) 0.0625″ when required, standardized body and head SA-612 material.
- Internal finish: cleaned according to client standards with the option of inerting nitrogen.
- Optional elements: valves, platform and stairs.
Find out at the following link:
Semi-trailers for transport CO2.
- Arcosa Mexico, through its Tatsa brand, manufactures tanks for transporting CO2 in capacities ranging from 19, 24 and 27 tons according to the ASME code E, section VIII, Div. 1, last edition and NOM (Official Mexican Norm) 057 SCT2 / 2003. According to DOT MC-331 (if required by the client)
- Container outdoor finishing: cleaned with abrasive blasting, until it reaches a degree of cleanliness close to white metal according to the SSPC-SP10 standard.
- Insulation systems: Polyurethane with a density of 35 kg/m3 to 5 in. of thickness.
CI-MASTIC steam barrier in black.
Outdoor jacket: aluminum sheet pre-painted in white wash cal. 18.
Optional: Stainless steel sheet.
Access more technical information at the following link:
Available in two or three axes.
Retractable suspension optional.
At Arcosa, through our Tatsa brand, we manufacture containers for different pressure fluids according to the requirements, specifications and needs of each of our clients, adapting to new equipment and accessory technologies required by the market.
We invite you to continue reading our blog to learn more about the industry and our work.
February 11, 2021 Market & Products
Each country has its own norms regarding safety in the transportation of liquid hydrocarbons. For instance, LPG semi-trailers must be examined thoroughly to rule out any leakage or internal damage that could pose a latent danger for everyone involved; this can be prevented by following a set of national and international norms, which will be explained below.
Nowadays, there are organizations in charge of verifying and certifying the production processes of companies dedicated to the manufacture of semi-trailers, tanks, and bobtails. In the case of Mexico, all pressure vessels and pipes must be designed, manufactured, evaluated, and tested under the NOM-009-SESH-2011 published in the Federal Official Gazette where it states all the norms and minimum manufacturing and design requirements for the production and testing of LPG pressure vessels.
Internationally speaking, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) is one of the most recognized organizations for certifying and ensuring good manufacturing practices for LPG containers of all types. This is a certification that all companies that fabricate LPG semi-trailers, ammonia, or propane tanks must hold to sell them and used them. Moreover, another essential certification is the one issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT), which regulates and monitors the good manufacturing practice, use, and maintenance of these products.
At Arcosa, we follow the most strict national and international norms to offer our clients high-quality products; for instance, our semi-trailers approved by ASME and DOT may come equipped with: an anti-rollover and anti-lock braking system, retractable axle, pneumatic and spring suspensions when needed, and 2, 3, or 4 axles configurations depending on the final weight, taking also into consideration the client’s needs and country.
Given the quality of the products that Arcosa offers, our ongoing demand for semi-trailers ranging from 38,000 to 55,000 liters and the full version in SA612 steel from 38,000 to 41,500 liters keeps increasing, as well as our semi-trailers with a capacity of 11,596 gallons in hardened, tempered and high strength SA517 steel.
During the first semester of 2020, our international presence in the market has been constantly growing thanks to the export of semi-trailers to several countries in Central America, the Caribbean, and South America ranging from 8,600 to 14,700 gallons in capacity.
Throughout our 65 years of experience, we have been striving to become a renowned world-class company by innovating and developing high-tech products for the LPG industry, as well as having highly trained and certificated workers in different areas such as engineering, welding and coating.
We know how important it is for our clients to have semi-trailers that follow all the norms dictated by national and international organizations. Are you aware of the normative for LPG tanks and its maximum capacity allowed in your country?
In case you have any questions, you can contact us to learn more about our semi-trailers and get a personalized quote for your projects and advise from our experts.
August 10, 2020 Market & Products
TATSA® represents quality, safety and confidence and includes products such as storage tanks for LP gas and other pressurized fluids. Today TATSA® is a leading brand in the industry. The collaborators and clients of the brand are one of the most important pillars for success, managing to stay in the minds of consumers at the national and international level.
A lot of work has gone into keeping TATSA® successful for 65 years. Arcosa Industries de Mexico – the company that is behind the brand – works every day to tackle new challenges.
Here are some important achievements the TATSA® brand has accomplished since its formation 65 years ago:
In 1955, TATSA® began its operations in the LP gas industry, marketing horizontal domestic tanks. It managed to expand the range of products by 1960 to bobtails, semi-trailers and storage tanks, obtaining important growth during their first 5 years of work.
The TATSA®, brand, already beginning to mark its potential, knew that it wanted to expand beyond tanks. This led to the start of manufacturing of ammonia tanks in 1962. In the 1970s, these tanks were added to the production line as well as chlorine tanks and air tanks.
Diversifying product lines would require more space and in 1978, with new production facilities in Huehuetoca, State of Mexico, TATSA® once again focused its vision on the future. In 1980 the company Cabezas de Acero Kikapoo changed its name to Trinity Industries de Mexico, it was the beginning of new and even greater achievements.
To stay top in the industry, innovation according to customer needs is required, which is what the brand did in the 90s by developing new models of portable gas cylinders.
One of the best years for the brand was in 1995, where TATSA® incorporated into Trinity Industries de Mexico, initiating a new stage of expansion to other sectors.
The brand increasingly strengthened and known in the industry, took on new challenges and market segments by manufacturing the first sphere, cryogenic tanks, in 2005 and 2010.
In 2018, corporate changes were made when the company was separated into 2 public companies: Trinity Industries de Mexico and Arcosa Industries de Mexico, Arcosa being the owner of the TATSA® brand.
Arcosa Industries de Mexico celebrates 65 years of providing security and confidence to the LP gas market and other pressurized fluids in Mexico and the world through TATSA®.
Happy 65th anniversary, TATSA®!